Thursday, June 24, 2010

YO HO YO HO...



How did I get on this boat? “Faith, man.” She says with a “no, but I’m serious” kinda look to her face. Something I really wanted didn’t happen and in the pits of despair I redetermined, right there: No! I am not going to be defeated by this overwhelming sense of “why did my dreams fall through?” I AM GOING TO STOP PLANNING MY LIFE AND START TRUSTING MY LIFE… I am going to get the most undeniably- perfect-for-me summer job- He heart yelled- and its going to be in the most beautiful place in the wide world, with the most incredible people, for all of the reasons why I do theater and … and…
Next morning she awoke, still floating the waves of a dream at sea. "How cool would it be to do theater on a ship.." she recalled in her bed. The mists of the nights fantasy evaporating in the morning sun. But, the resonance of the haunting kept a murmur in her heart, enough to get her talking to anyone who would listen… “No, not like theater on a cruise ship but like a sail boat or something…?”

Three days later a friend called and planted the seed of the Caravan Stage Company. It was as if she had read my heart, painted it and were describing it to me over the phone. Life is extraordinary isn't it? I pursued, the puzzle piece fit and so the adventure in the Adriatic unfolds…

Beyond my wildest…

No comments:

Post a Comment