Wednesday, June 23, 2010

The Journey from Here to Here

New York to Dublin- Mom I’m in Europe and I am fine. Just landed in Dublin. I met an insta-friend in JFK. I love the airport bar before a big, expectation-less adventure. She's a Middle-age-Mommy, spreading her wobbly wings on the winds of independence and the audacious aim for freedom. She planned this journey with her daughter but, with wisdom, she sees that it needs to be her own. We moved our lives forward and then with a wink and a hollar in love and luck set out to our seats for a hopeful, over seas sleep. Ireland in the now? Is wish for Wellys and a palomino pony. I'm thrilled to see a friend for my afternoon lay over- I should have packed a better jacket.

Barcelona- "I slept well last night" she’ll say. Got to know an Ikea couch while my hosts untied their heart strings as she sets out for the wide. I hear the men on the streets clatter and clank as the late night meal stills finds out what to do with itself. My Spanish is growing and I am inspired by patience. Good Morning Barcelona, sorry to love and leave.

Here!- Tivat, Montenegro- I am in bed. In my very top bunk. Perfect size for me. Two people below. Neither snore. Score!

No comments:

Post a Comment